Cecilia’s banana bread
Anthropologist, photographer and director of Tertulia Andaluza, Cecilia can also cook! And pretty well too. This banana bread will fill your tummy and brighten your day. The only condition: you’d better like bananas!
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and grease a 9×5 inch cake tin with butter or sunflower oil.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda (optional: grated coconut, cinnamon) in a bowl.
4. Beat the eggs and mix them with the mashed bananas.
5. Add the mashed banana mixture to the flour, and then add the butter and brown sugar.
6. Mix together until it has a smooth consistency. (Optional: Add the walnuts and chocolate drops).
7. Place the mixture in the cake tin and cook in the oven for 60 - 65 minutes. Timing depends on your oven. The best way to know when it is ready is when you can stick a knife into the centre of the cake and it comes out clean.
8. Let it cool before removing from the tin and serving. Make sure there are napkins on hand. In the frenzy things could get messy!
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 - 3 cups mashed and overripe bananas
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 cup of walnuts
1/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup of chocolate drops