Ghosts of Spain: Travels Through a Country’s Hidden Past
The appearance - sixty years after that war ended - of mass graves containing victims of Franco’s death squads has finally broken what Spaniards call ‘the pact of forgetting’. At this charged moment, Giles Tremlett embarked on a journey around Spain - and through Spanish history. Spaniards, he found, had tried to wipe both the Civil War and Franco from their memory. The graves were secretos a voces - whispered secrets everyone knew about but did not discuss.
These books related to Ghosts of Spain: Travels Through a Country’s Hidden Past may interest you.
- • Giles Tremlett. 2006. Ghosts of Spain. Faber & Faber (In English)
- • Giles Tremlett. 2006. España ante sus fantasmas. Un recorrido por un país en transición. Siglo XXI (En castellano)
- • Ghosts of Spain in the Official website for penguin spain
- • Review of Ghosts of Spain in the Guardian by Jason Webster
- • Review of Ghosts of Spain in the New York Times by William Grimes
- • Review of Ghosts of Spain in el Mundo (in Spanish)